Nobody likes to have yellow sweat stains, or deodorant streaks on their clothes. Stains that are white and greasy are probably caused by antiperspirants according to howstuffworks.com. Sweat stains tend to be yellow and stiff.
Sources from across the Internet make these sweat removal suggestions.
- Before washing, dampen the stain and put meat tenderizer on it. Then wash as you usually do (Readers Digest).
- 1. Rinse in cold water 2. Pretreat with liquid Tide 3. Wash in warm water with Tide and 4. Repeat if stain remains. Take extra caution with silk and wool by handwashing (Tide).
- Soak the article of clothing in a mixture of half water and half hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes. Wash in cool water and air dry. Increase the amount of peroxide if stain persists (HouseCleaningtips.com).
- Apply Ammonia full strength on stains, rub it in, and then wash (howstuffworks.com).
- Dissolve 2-3 aspirins in a half cup of water, apply to stain, and let sit for a few hours before laundering (howstuffworks.com).
Our tip is to get rid of sweat, sweat stains, odor and deodorant forever!
We recommend miraDry treatment for those who sweat excessively, and for those who just don’t want to be bothered with deodorant and stink. MiraDry treatment is safe, comfortable and FDA cleared. You immediately experience the difference.
Call the Laser Center of Maryland at 410-544-4600 for more information. Feel free to add your own remedies for sweat stain removal on our blog.